Pages

Monday, April 13, 2015

Lime-anade honey

It cheers me up to sip refreshing drinks created out of pickings foraged from the garden.

I enjoyed this extra zesty lime that is freshly picked and added lock stock and barrel into very light honey water. I do not have lemongrass with me, so I improvised and added a couple of blossoms from the chives. It was enough to give a very light tinge of spiciness.

This lime plant like most in our garden is grown in a container. It gives me versatility while I test out a perfect spot for it. So far, it's still quite a hardworking plant, so I am hoping that it will keep up. Fingers crossed!



Update 6 July 2015:

This line plant had not flowered in a couple of months. I read that it was crucial to cut the fruit off rather that twist it off. Problem was I did not even harvest that many limes, some of them fell off even before maturing. 

So I decided to snip off all the stalks that connected to the fruits (this plant came with a lot of remnant stalks). And the most amazing thing happened! Within a week, the plant flowered and are fertilized! So now I hope the limes are here to stay.


These lime flowers are so fragrant!


Amazing what a snip can do! Apart from flowers, little shoots also started to grow after snipping of all the stalks still attached to the plant. I did not even prime the plant. 




No comments:

Post a Comment