Pages

Monday, July 6, 2015

Mystery sweet potato

I love sweet potato leaves stir fried with homemade sambal chilli. So I got a bunch of heart-shaped sweet potato leaves from the market.

I picked out a few stalks and placed them in a glass of water to root. Within a week, healthy root systems developed on a few of the stalks. So I potted them and placed them in a sunny spot. It all happened so quickly I did not take photos of the process.


2 weeks after potting, the plants are surviving in soil and have sprouted new leaves.

I will be transplanting these along with the Vietnamese variety to the raised beds. So we are growing a variety from tuber/slips and another from leaves. Hope we can eventually yield some sweet potatoes and indentify the mystery sweet potatoes. Fingers crossed!



No comments:

Post a Comment